For the Birds

Last Saturday, my little sidekick and I went to Jo-Ann's.  I never know how shopping trips are going to go with him these days, especially when they don't include looking at toys. But it went great!  He found a little wooden bird house in one of the first aisles we went down and I told him we could take it home and paint it after his nap.  He was so thrilled.  He carried (and dropped several times) that sturdy little bird house throughout the store and our future painting was all he could talk about.  So, first thing when he woke up from his nap, we got out the paint, brushes, his little IKEA smock and we were all set.  He was in Heaven!!  And so was I.  20 minutes of calm and quiet.  I really need to step up the craft projects at our house.  I always think it's going to be such a hassle to set it all up and then clean everything (I know, great pitch for Mom of the Year, no?)  But it was such an easy project and it brought him so much joy.  He wants to show it to everyone first thing when they come to visit.  Best $1 I've ever spent.  









0 comments:

Post a Comment